Shovel & Thumb Sprinklers is a business division of licensed technicians operating within Vancouver, WA. We are your reliable source for irrigation system repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and installations. Call us to get a free quote!
BEST IRRIGATION IN VANCOUVER, WA
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
As a preferred local company in the Vancouver area, we service both residential and commercial properties. Our licensed technicians can handle a multitude of tasks and offer quality irrigation solutions. We have an intricate understanding of how spray sprinkler systems and drip irrigation units operate.
Restore the damaged parts of an irrigation device.
Protect the PVC pipes, backflow preventer, and sprinklers.
Include modern technology to reduce water bills.
Add spray sprinklers or drip lines to any landscape.
IRRIGATION SYSTEMS IN VANCOUVER
Having a lush, green lawn is a meaningful investment. Yet, it can be difficult to adequately water a landscape without an efficient irrigation system. Currently, spray sprinklers and drip lines are the standard solution for common residential or commercial irrigation needs.
However, without the proper knowledge, installing one of these units can be extremely challenging due to the multiple mechanical components that it requires to operate efficiently. Truth is, most inexperienced individuals make common installation mistakes that affect the long-term functionality of the device.
Our technicians have the necessary training and years of experience to guarantee the best sprinkler system installation. Call us today and ask for an on-site property inspection. By doing so, we will be able to determine the correct irrigation equipment for your aspirational landscape. We want you to make a smart decision based on the specific needs of your property.
SPRAY SPRINKLERS VS. DRIP IRRIGATION
Like mentioned before, there are two mainstream irrigation systems that most property owners chose to install nowadays. Depending on your specific needs, our technicians will recommend either spray sprinklers or drip lines. Both have their benefits and disadvantages.
Spray sprinklers shoot water in a 360-degree pattern to irrigate large surfaces of greenery. Nonetheless, they are only 50% to 70% efficient and utilize higher volumes of water. While the output of a spray sprinkler device is measured in gallons per minute, the water consumption of a drip system is calculated in gallons per hour to control the growth conditions of certain vegetation.
In contrast, modern drip units are able to exceed 90% efficiency by directly supplying small amounts of water to the roots of plants. This particular irrigation technique minimizes soil erosion and nutrient deficiencies. Hence, drip systems have a limited reach but are great to preserve water.
IRRIGATION SYSTEM INSTALLATION
01. Assessment – To determine the ideal type of irrigation device, our technicians first examine your landscape and ask simple questions about the type of greenery you envision.
02. Estimate – After the on-site property inspection, we specify whether you need spray sprinklers or drip irrigation and give you a comprehensive estimate for the installation project.
03. Installation – Once the details of the proposal are discussed and approved, our technicians initiate the irrigation system assembly. Before closing the project, we ensure the installation meets your satisfaction and landscaping needs.
04. Maintenance – We offer optional service plans to prevent future equipment disrepairs associated with a lack of maintenance. Ask for our winterization before the cold winter months arrive.
IRRIGATION SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
Even if you regularly service the irrigation unit to ensure its optimal utility, we recommend you seek professional assistance at least once a year to get a system audit, sprinkler tune-up, and backflow test. Do not risk losing a marvelous landscape. Our services will preserve the health and beauty of your greenery throughout the entire year.
During the audit, the most relevant mechanical parts of the irrigation system are tested and evaluated. This includes detecting faulty sprinkler heads or drip emitters, pipe leaks or tubing punctures, misconfigurations in the control panel or timer, components affected by wear and tear, etc.
Meanwhile, the tune-up service adjusts the irrigation patterns according to the current season and remedies all the minor issues affecting the system. If mayor repairs are necessary due to upkeep negligence, then you will receive an estimate for a sprinkler repair in Vancouver, WA.
CALL OUR QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS
Most individuals lack the proper knowledge to adequately install, modify, or repair an irrigation system. As such, they end up making common mistakes that deteriorate the overall functionality of the unit. Do not let that happen to you. Instead, take advantage of our services.
- Fix damaged parts to restore the efficiency of the system
- Protect the irrigation device from freezing temperatures
- Reactivate the equipment once the growing season begins
- Automate labor and reduce water bills with upgrades
- Reroute or cap any existing line of the irrigation unit
- Install a custom spray sprinkler or drip irrigation device