Shovel & Thumb Sprinklers is a business division of licensed technicians operating within Vancouver, WA. We are your reliable source for irrigation system repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and installations. Call us to schedule an appointment!
Camas Sprinkler Repair
Common Signs of Faulty Sprinklers
Patchy Lawn – Even though a lawn needs to be watered, it also needs to be protected from other factors that can cause it to go brown. Too much water can cause damage, but also not enough water. After the spring and summer, lawns need water less frequently. Lawns produce their most growth when given less than what they require for survival. When the roots push down and outward, they bring up water from lower ground levels.
High Water Bill – A leak in your irrigation system installation is not something you want to ignore. A small drip may seem like it is not taking up much water, but over time that drip adds up to gallons of water waste. If you are not catching that leak in time, then you will just be letting water waste away, increasing your water bill and squandering your money! Leaks are the biggest enemy of the modern irrigation system.
Sputtering Heads – An irrigation nozzle that operates intermittently or in a manner that does not cover the entirety of the lawn area is known as a “sputtering” sprinkler. Sometimes, this is caused by clogging of debris such as landscape material and can be remedied by removing the obstruction. However, more often, a valve on the equipment is set improperly or has damaged mechanical components which prevent it from functioning correctly.
Irrigation Repair in Camas, WA
01. Assessment – An outdoor irrigation assessment is a comprehensive evaluation of your existing system. It provides an accurate examination of how it operates, identifies its weak points, and offers suggestions for fixing them. A professional can help you decide which solution is best for your needs. In some cases, the irrigation technician may give you a written report of all findings. In other cases, he may verbally give you advice on how to solve a problem.
02. Repair – Our irrigation services cover a wide range of needs, from minor fixes to a complete system overhaul. We offer one of the most extensive services for sprinkler repair in Vancouver, WA and can handle everything from valve replacement to pipe bursting! Our company is here for you in times of need. We provide affordable prices and when it comes to large lawn areas, we are ready with fast response time to serve you the best.
03. Maintenance – Failure to maintain your automatic sprinkler system can lead to problems. Your device might work on some days but not others, or it might work properly at first but break down later in the season. Irrigation units do not just break down on their own. In many cases, a little preventive maintenance not only helps keep your system running smoothly, it also ensures that there is no damage from potential issues that may lead to repairs.
Sprinkler Maintenance Tips
Winterization – When it gets cold enough to freeze, water expands. If no action is taken, the water will force the plastic components and break the sprinkler system. With a little advance planning, however, you can ensure your irrigation device lasts well into the next growing season. To winterize an irrigation equipment, two things need to be done: the system needs to be drained and the valves need to be protected against freezing.
Spring Start-up – An irrigation start-up is the process of getting your sprinklers prepared again after winter, making sure they are working properly and that there is water available for the growing season. During the start-up, the equipment should be inspected to ensure that the pressure is correct and that all of the nozzles are spinning accurately. Any broken components will likely need to be replaced to restore the functionality of the unit.
Backflow Testing – The purpose of a backflow check is to prevent contaminated water from being inadvertently recirculated by a potable water system. The potential for contamination exists as long as the potable water supply is being used to irrigate land. The backflow device keeps harmful chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides from entering the drinking water supply.
Call Our Qualified Technicians
Most individuals lack the proper knowledge to adequately install, modify, or repair an irrigation system. As such, they end up making common mistakes that deteriorate the overall functionality of the unit. Do not let that happen to you. Instead, take advantage of our services.
- Fix damaged parts to restore the efficiency of the system
- Protect the irrigation device from freezing temperatures
- Reactivate the equipment once the growing season begins
- Automate labor and reduce water bills with upgrades
- Reroute or cap any existing line of the irrigation unit
- Install a custom spray sprinkler or drip irrigation device