Shovel & Thumb Sprinklers is a business division of licensed technicians operating within Vancouver, WA. We are your reliable source for irrigation system repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and installations. Call us to get a free quote!
SPRINKLER SYSTEM REPAIR IN VANCOUVER, WA
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
As a preferred local company in the Vancouver area, we service both residential and commercial properties. Our licensed technicians can handle a multitude of tasks and offer quality irrigation solutions. We have an intricate understanding of how spray sprinkler systems and drip irrigation units operate.
Restore the damaged parts of an irrigation device.
Protect the PVC pipes, backflow preventer, and sprinklers.
Include modern technology to reduce water bills.
Add spray sprinklers or drip lines to any landscape.
VANCOUVER SPRINKLER REPAIR
Sprinkler systems are an easy and efficient way to keep a lawn looking green and healthy. They take the guesswork out of manually watering grass, plants, and flowers. An efficient equipment will also save you money by reducing water bills. With sophisticated sensors and timers, modern irrigation systems can work with natural rainfall to ensure greenery receives the ideal amount of water.
After a sprinkler installation in Vancouver, WA, the equipment will require some level of maintenance. To prevent a system from falling into disrepair, owners are advised to perform monthly check-ups. That means examining all the sprinkler heads or rotors and looking for clogs, kinks, or weak spray streams.
You should always hire a licensed technician to handle the repairs of an irrigation system. The number and variety of sprinkler heads, nozzles, sensors, and valves is high, but technicians are specifically trained to account for the complexities of each system.
COMMON SIGNS OF FAULTY SPRINKLERS
Patchy Lawn – A lawn with inconsistent growth or color can be caused by poor soil, bad fertilizer, or insufficient grass seed. Excluding that, you are probably looking at overlapping or uneven irrigation zones that have an improper watering pattern.
Unresponsive Controller – An inoperable system can be traced to the controller. A technician needs to check if the terminals are attached, the fuse is not blown, and the wiring is not damaged.
System Leaks – In case an external component is leaking due to wear and tear, you will need to replace it. Underground leaks are tougher to detect, but a clear sign of them is an expensive water bill.
Pressure Imbalances – Usually, water pressure inconsistencies are cause by a galvanized underground pipe or a faulty pressure regulator. Both will reduce the range of the irrigation nozzles.
IRRIGATION SYSTEM REPAIR PROCESS
01. Assessment – Before the problem can be diagnosed and repaired, one of our licensed technicians must visit the property to assess the irrigation system. This involves performing a thorough inspection on the controller, valves, pipelines, and sprinkler heads.
02. Estimate – Once the problem is discovered, we will provide you an estimate to fix the equipment. The quote will include the cost of labor, as well as the parts needed to make the repairs.
03. Repair – Restoring the functionality of an irrigation system should only take a day, but it depends on the scope and nature of the job. Once complete, we will charge you a total that matches our estimate.
04. Maintenance – Like most irrigation companies in Vancouver, WA, we also offer preventive maintenance plans to protect your investment from future malfunctions.
SPRINKLER MAINTENANCE TIPS
Preserving an automatic sprinkler system in optimal condition guarantees years of efficient landscape irrigation. This can save you from excessive water bills or expensive equipment disrepairs associated with a lack of maintenance. If you are a DIY property owner, then implement the following upkeep tasks to prolong the utility of your irrigation unit:
- Adjust the pressure and watering patterns to avoid irrigation runoff.
- Regularly wash the nozzles and screen filters to unclog sputtering sprinkler heads.
- Extract all debris found within the distribution lines and threaded risers by flushing the unit.
- Perform routine inspection and search for leaking external parts or broken underground pipes.
- Conduct sprinkler winterization to drain the water that is inside the equipment.
- Schedule annual system audits, spring reactivations, and fall sprinkler tune-ups.
- Ask a licensed technician to evaluate the backflow preventer connected to the potable water.
CALL OUR QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS
Most individuals lack the proper knowledge to adequately install, modify, or repair an irrigation system. As such, they end up making common mistakes that deteriorate the overall functionality of the unit. Do not let that happen to you. Instead, take advantage of our services.
- Fix damaged parts to restore the efficiency of the system
- Protect the irrigation device from freezing temperatures
- Reactivate the equipment once the growing season begins
- Automate labor and reduce water bills with upgrades
- Reroute or cap any existing line of the irrigation unit
- Install a custom spray sprinkler or drip irrigation device